• 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
• 1 large yam, unpeeled and chopped into 1 in. chunks
• 2 stalks of celery, chopped into thin slivers
• 3 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 tbsp. ground turmeric
• 1 tbsp. black pepper
• 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 6 quarts chicken bone broth (or veggie broth)
• Juice of one lemon
• 4 cups cooked black or wild rice
1. In large Dutch oven or stockpot, combine all ingredients except rice and broth. Season with turmeric, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, and juice of squeezed lemon.
2. Add 6 quarts of broth, and turn stove to medium. Allow simmering for one hour. Check back often to see if preferred firmness of potatoes has been reached, and take off of heat once cooked.
3. Once finished cooking, add in 4 cups of cooked rice. Serve, and store leftovers in fridge